Search Hotels in West Yellowstone
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Visiting West Yellowstone
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring West Yellowstone, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful parks, shopping and top-notch restaurants. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its museums. Top sights in the city include Yellowstone Park West Entrance, Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center and Gallatin National Forest.
- There are 126 hotels and other accommodation options in West Yellowstone
- The closest major airport is in West Yellowstone, MT (WYS-Yellowstone), 2.5 mi (4.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in West Yellowstone
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Playmill Theatre, Yellowstone Historic Center and Yellowstone IMAX Theatre. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the parks and these places to visit: Yellowstone Park West Entrance, Gallatin National Forest and Hebgen Lake. Top activities include wildlife and snowmobile riding, while Yellowstone Park Zipline is one place to visit.
In Island Park, there are 126 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Explorer Cabins At Yellowstone - This 3.5-star resort features an indoor pool, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and pool.
- Best Western Desert Inn - Our customers like the dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- 1872 Inn - Adults Exclusive - This 2.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and a fitness centre. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in West Yellowstone include Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center. Outside the city, top places to visit include Excelsior Geyser, 15.8 mi/25.5 km from the heart of the city, and Grand Prismatic Spring, which is 15.8 mi/25.5 km away.
Dressing for West Yellowstone
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 5°C and the night-time average to be -18°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 23°C during the day and -8°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and -4°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and -19°C at night
- West Yellowstone gets about 580 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are December and February with an average of -18°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in West Yellowstone?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in West Yellowstone, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in West Yellowstone?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday to West Yellowstone?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic getaway to West Yellowstone?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in West Yellowstone?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in West Yellowstone?
West Yellowstone Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in West Yellowstone by Star Rating
- Hotels near West Yellowstone Airports
- Areas of West Yellowstone
- Accommodation near West Yellowstone Attractions
- More accommodation types in West Yellowstone
- Choose Your West Yellowstone Hotel Style
- Search West Yellowstone Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in West Yellowstone
- Hotels Near West Yellowstone, Montana
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends