Visiting West Columbia
Visitors to West Columbia are sure to enjoy the bars and sporting events. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music, zoo and cafes. Around the area, top sights include Colonial Life Arena, South Carolina State House and Fort Jackson.
- You'll find 168 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Columbia
- The closest major airport is in Columbia, SC (CAE-Columbia Metropolitan), 1.3 mi (2.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in West Columbia
The picturesque setting of West Columbia Riverwalk and Three Rivers Greenway exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add Riverbanks Botanical Garden to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 18 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in West Columbia. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Residence Inn Columbia West/Lexington - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and pool.
- Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia-Airport - Our customers like the dining options and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Sleep Inn Airport - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Top places to visit outside the city include Colonial Life Arena, located 5.8 mi (9.3 km) from the heart of the city, and South Carolina State House, which is 6.2 mi/10 km away.
Dressing for West Columbia
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 33°C, whilst the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 34°C with night-time averages of 15°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 27°C and night-time averages of 1°C
- West Columbia gets about 1135 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 33°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 2°C