Search Hotels in Wedel
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 19 Aug 2019
Reviewed on 7 Sep 2019
Reviewed on 21 Dec 2019
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 11 Oct 2020
Visitors can enjoy all that Wedel has to offer including the waterfront and shopping. Around the area, top sights include Volksparkstadion, Barclaycard Arena and Hagenbeck Zoo.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodation options in Wedel
- The closest major airport is in Hamburg (HAM), 12.8 mi (20.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Luebeck (LBC), 43.5 mi (69.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wedel
A favourite place to visit in the city is Hamburg Yachting Marina. Additionally, in the area you'll find Volksparkstadion and Barclaycard Arena.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 9 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Wedel. This is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Kreuzer - This 3-star hotel in Pinneberg District features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
Popular places to visit in the area include Hagenbeck Zoo, 9.6 mi/15.5 km from the heart of the city, and Fish Market, which is 10.8 mi (17.5 km) away.
Getting around Wedel
Make your way to Wedel (Holst) S-Bahn to catch the metro. If you'd like to explore around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Wedel
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and -2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is 1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of -2°C
- About 703 millimetres of rain falls on Wedel each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 22°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -2°C