Guests will appreciate the restaurants, parks and museums in Elmshorn. This city also attracts visitors with its monuments.
- There are 2 Elmshorn hotels
- May is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas August is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Hamburg (HAM), 16.2 mi (26.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Elmshorn
- Well-known for its museums and attractions, such as Elmshorn Industrial Museum, Freilichtmuseum Stade, and Stadtmuseum Norderstedt
- Notable for its monuments and landmarks, such as Elmshorn Water Tower and Church of Kaltenkirchen
- The natural setting of the parks is picturesque, and places to visit include Steindammpark, Ehrenhain Park, and Am Markt
Getting around Elmshorn
Elmshorn has many options for getting around. To explore the surrounding area, jump aboard a train at Elmshorn Station or Elmshorn Langenmoor Station.
Staying in Elmshorn
Searching for a romantic getaway or boutique stay? You might like these traveler-recommended, one-of-a-kind properties and small hotels:
- Novum Hotel Drei Kronen
- Sportlife Hotel Elmshorn
Novum Hotel Drei Kronen, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.1 out of 5 user rating. Also Sportlife Hotel Elmshorn has a 3.6 rating by guests.
Dressing for Elmshorn
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and -2°C at night
- From April to June, the average temperature during the day is 21°C, whereas the average at night is 1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and nighttime averages of -2°C
- Elmshorn gets about 705 millimetres of rain per year