Search Hotels in Elmshorn
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 6 Feb 2020
Reviewed on 5 Sep 2020
Visitors can enjoy all that Elmshorn has to offer including the parks, sporting events and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums and restaurants. Top sights around the area include Barclaycard Arena, Volksparkstadion and Hagenbeck Zoo.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodation options in Elmshorn
- The closest major airport is in Hamburg (HAM), 16.2 mi (26.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Luebeck (LBC), 42.5 mi (68.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Elmshorn
Notable city landmarks like Elmshorn Water Tower and Wasserturm Elmshorn might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Steindammpark and Elmshorn Industrial Museum.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Elmshorn. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Signature Hotel Drei Kronen - This hotel in Pinneberg District features free WiFi, a bar and parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Novum Hotel Sportlife Elmshorn - Our customers like the overall value and quiet location at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Pinneberg District can enjoy access to a fitness centre and a sauna, along with free WiFi.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Barclaycard Arena, 14.8 mi/23.8 km from the heart of the city, and Volksparkstadion, which is 14.9 mi/23.9 km away.
Getting around Elmshorn
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Elmshorn Station or Elmshorn Langenmoor Station. Elmshorn might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Elmshorn
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the night-time average to be -2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September averages 23°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and -2°C at night
- About 703 millimetres of rain falls on Elmshorn each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 22°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -2°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Elmshorn?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Elmshorn, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Elmshorn?
What's the best accommodation option when travelling with children to Elmshorn?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Elmshorn?
What's the best accommodation in Elmshorn to learn about local history?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Elmshorn?
Elmshorn Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Elmshorn by Star Rating
- Hotels near Elmshorn Airports
- Accommodation near Elmshorn Attractions
- More accommodation types in Elmshorn
- Choose Your Elmshorn Hotel Style
- Search Elmshorn Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Elmshorn
- Hotels Near Elmshorn, Schleswig-Holstein
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends