Visiting Wagga Wagga
Visitors to Wagga Wagga are sure to enjoy the riverfront and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its university setting.
- You'll find 87 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Wagga Wagga
- The closest major airport is in Wagga Wagga, NSW (WGA-Forest Hill), 6.8 mi (11 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Wagga Wagga
The city's cultural venues include Wagga Wagga Civic Theatre and National Glass Art Gallery. The rivers and gardens highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Wollundry Lagoon, Wiradjuri Reserve and Victory Memorial Gardens. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Riverina Community College is worth a campus tour.
In North Wagga Wagga, you can choose from 67 accommodation choices and hotels to make it easy to plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Lawson Riverside Suites - This 3.5-star motel features free WiFi, free parking and conference space. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Mates Gully - Our customers like the comfortable rooms and overall condition at this guesthouse. This 4-star guesthouse features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- Best Western Ambassador Inn - With a stay at this 4-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Wagga Wagga
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 31°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 11°C
- From April to June, the average is 25°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 30°C as the daytime average and 7°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Wagga Wagga is 594 millimetres
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 30°C, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 3°C