Visiting Port Macquarie
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Port Macquarie, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port. This city also attracts tourists with its rainforests. A top sight in the city is Lighthouse Beach.
- There are 289 hotels and other accommodation options in Port Macquarie
- The closest major airport is in Port Macquarie, NSW (PQQ), 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Taree, NSW (TRO), 38.5 mi (61.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Macquarie
Cultural venues in the city include Mid North Coast Maritime Museum Pilot Boat Shed, Mid North Coast Maritime Museum and Glasshouse Cultural Centre. Families come for attractions such as Koala Hospital, Billabong Koala Wildlife Park and Macquarie Nature Reserve. The city is notable for landmarks like Tacking Point Lighthouse, Lake Innes Ruins and Douglas Vale Historic Homestead & Vineyard.
In Wauchope, you can choose from 289 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Ana Mandara Luxury Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Anchors B&B - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- Beachport Bed and Breakfast - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Port Macquarie include Lighthouse Beach.
Dressing for Port Macquarie
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 28°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 15°C
- From April to June, the average is 25°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 28°C as the daytime average and 10°C as the night-time average
- Port Macquarie gets about 1053.20 millimetres of rain per year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 7°C