Visiting Coffs Harbour
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Coffs Harbour, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its rainforests. Top sights in the city include Big Banana Fun Park, Woolgoolga Beach and Red Rock Beach.
- There are 395 hotels and other accommodation options in Coffs Harbour
- The closest major airport is in Coffs Harbour, NSW (CFS), 1.8 mi (2.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Grafton, NSW (GFN), 37.5 mi (60.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Coffs Harbour
Cultural venues in the city include Coffs Harbour Regional Gallery, Coffs Harbour Regional Museum and Bellingen Museum. Families come for attractions such as Big Banana Fun Park, Dolphin Marine Magic and Coffs Harbour Butterfly House. Notable city landmarks like Guru Nanak Sikh Temple and Forest Sky Pier might be worth a visit.
In Sawtell, you can choose from 395 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily organise your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- CBD Motor Inn - This 3-star motel features free WiFi, free parking and laundry facilities. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Sapphire Chambre B&B - Our customers like the quiet location and helpful staff at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Bosuns Inn Motel - This 3-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Coffs Harbour include Woolgoolga Beach and Red Rock Beach.
Getting around Coffs Harbour
With so many ways to get around, exploring Coffs Harbour is simple. Head over to Urunga Station for metro transport. If you want to venture outside the area, hop on a train at Coffs Harbour Station. You can find out about water transport options at the local port.
Dressing for Coffs Harbour
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 27°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 16°C
- From April to June, the average is 25°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 27°C as the daytime average and 12°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Coffs Harbour is 1478 millimetres
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 27°C, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 8°C