Get an overview of this hotelA luxury boutique hotel behind Saint Mark Square
Collecting Nectar Points
Special Offer: Book by 2 August 2017 and collect double Nectar points!
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Popular property highlights
By Grand Canal
Built in the 15th century by a Venetian noble family, this converted palace overlooks a side canal off Venice's Grand Canal and lies 50 meters from St Mark's Square and Basilica.
Guests of the Hotel Dona Palace can relax in the garden courtyard adjacent to the hotel's water-taxi dock and in the lounge, which features the palace's original ceiling and Byzantine arches.
Air-conditioned guestrooms feature 19th-century-Biedermeier-style furniture and come equipped with LCD TVs, safes, minibars, and free WiFi.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Hotel Dona Palace
Guests of Hotel Dona Palace can use free WiFi, available throughout the hotel, to keep in touch and plan days out.
Shuttles to the train station and the airport are both available for a surcharge. Transfers must be booked in advance. Room service is available for meals and drinks.
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 27
- Laundry facilities
- Number of floors - 5
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Year Built 2004
- Train station pickup (surcharge)
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Free WiFi
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Room service (limited hours)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Air conditioning
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Bathtub or shower
- LCD TV
- In-room safe
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Free WiFi
Where to Eat
Guests of Hotel Dona Palace enjoy a complimentary buffet breakfast each morning.
The Cocktail Bar - Second-story bar-lounge open late morning to late night for snacks and drinks. Expansive lounge room with high wood-beam-and-tile ceiling, marble floor, highly polished wood bookshelves, yellow and red leather armchairs, potted plants, and balcony with side-canal views through four Byzantine arches. Adjoining bar room with parquet floor and etched frosted-glass windows.
The hotel does not have its own restaurant, but guests receive a 15% discount at HK Wine Bar & Restaurant which is owned by the hotel.
Nearby Things to Do
- Golfing nearby
- Boat tours nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for EUR 25,00 per night.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of EUR 15 per pet, per night
- Dogs and cats only
- 1 per room (up to 4 kg)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- No onsite parking is available.
- A tax is imposed by the city and will be collected at the property. This tax does not apply to residents of Venice City and children under 10 years of age. Further exemptions may apply to patients and their companions, and people staying in the city for specific purposes/duties, subject to the submission of proper documents to the property. A 30 percent reduction applies from 1-31 January.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 4.50 per person, per night for adults; EUR 2.25 per night for guests aged 10-16 years old.
- Breakfast fee: EUR 15 for adults and EUR 15 for children (approximately)
- Pet fee: EUR 15 per pet, per night
- Crib (infant bed) fee: EUR 25,00 per night
- Dona Hotel
- Dona Palace
- Dona Palace Hotel
- Dona Palace Venice
- Hotel Dona
- Hotel Dona Palace
- Hotel Dona Palace Venice
We should mention
All guests, including children, must be present at check-in and show their government-issued photo ID card or passport. Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 2999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation. This property offers transfers from the train station (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).