Visiting Timmendorfer Strand
Visitors can enjoy all that Timmendorfer Strand has to offer including the aquarium, theme park and golf courses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks, beaches and restaurants. A top sight in the area is Hansapark.
- There are 188 hotels and other accommodation options in Timmendorfer Strand
- The closest major airport is in Luebeck (LBC), 13.7 mi (22 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Hamburg (HAM), 40.4 mi (65.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Timmendorfer Strand
The picturesque setting of Hemmelsdorfer See and Niendorf Bird Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add SEA LIFE Timmendorfer Strand to your agenda.
In Travemuende, you'll find 188 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Garni Seestern - This 3-star hotel in Ostholstein features free WiFi, a fitness centre and a sauna. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Barefoot Hotel Timmendorfer Strand - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Ostholstein can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Grand Hotel Seeschlösschen SPA & Golf Resort - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Ostholstein can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 4 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Hansapark, 5.3 mi/8.6 km from the centre of the city.
Getting around Timmendorfer Strand
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Timmendorfer Strand Station or Timmendorferstrand Station. Timmendorfer Strand might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Timmendorfer Strand
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and -1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 22°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and night-time averages of -1°C
- About 24 millimetres of rain falls on Timmendorfer Strand each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 22°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -1°C