Visiting Thousand Islands
Visitors can enjoy all that Thousand Islands has to offer including the rivers and architecture. Boldt Castle, Leon's Centre and Kingston Waterfront are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 88 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Kingston
- The closest major airport is in Kingston, ON (YGK-Norman Rogers), 17.5 mi (28.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Watertown, NY (ART-Watertown Intl.), 20.2 mi (32.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Thousand Islands
The city is notable for landmarks like Boldt Castle, Thousand Islands Bridge and 1000 Islands Tower. The city's natural beauty is on display at Thousand Islands National Park, Wellesley Island State Park and St. Lawrence Islands National Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Lake Ontario and Heart Island.
As you plan your holiday to Thousand Islands, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 37 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- The Wolfe Island Inn is located 10.1 mi (16.3 km) from the heart of Thousand Islands. Guests who stay at this 3-star resort in Wolfe Island can enjoy access to a private beach and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Cottage For Rent-1000 Islands is 6.8 mi (10.9 km) from central Thousand Islands. This 2-star hotel in Leeds and the Thousand Islands features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Best View of the St. Lawrence River From Your own Private Island is 12.7 mi (20.4 km) from the centre of Thousand Islands. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Kingston can enjoy access to a free water park and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Leon's Centre, located 11.6 mi (18.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Kingston Waterfront, which is 11.7 mi (18.8 km) away.
Dressing for Thousand Islands
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 8°C and the night-time average to be -13°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 26°C during the day and -2°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 18°C during the day and -11°C at night
- About 916 millimetres of rain falls on Thousand Islands each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 26°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -12°C