Families and budget-minded travellers enjoy visiting Thomasville though all visitors are sure to find plenty to see and do. Tourists can also enjoy the city's baseball games, monuments and coffee shops. Around the area, top sights include Asheboro Country Club, Caraway Speedway and North Carolina Aviation Museum.
- You'll find 174 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Greensboro
- The closest major airport is in Greensboro, NC (GSO-Piedmont Triad Intl.), 19.4 mi (31.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Winston-Salem, NC (INT-Smith Reynolds), 20.7 mi (33.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Thomasville
Notable city landmarks like North Carolina Vietnam Veterans Memorial and The Big Chair might be worth a visit. In the area, you'll also find Asheboro Country Club and Caraway Speedway.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Thomasville. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thomasville/High Point/Lexi - This 2-star motel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Comfort Inn - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and a fitness centre.
Top places to visit around the area include North Carolina Aviation Museum, located 18.4 mi (29.6 km) from the city centre, and American Classic Motorcycle Museum, which is 18.6 mi (30 km) away.
Dressing for Thomasville
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 20°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 31°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 25°C as the daytime average and -2°C as the night-time average
- Thomasville gets about 1126 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -1°C