Visiting Mount Airy
Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Mount Airy, which is also known for its shopping and local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its wineries.
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodation options in Mount Airy
- The closest major airport is in Winston-Salem, NC (INT-Smith Reynolds), 32.9 mi (52.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Greensboro, NC (GSO-Piedmont Triad Intl.), 46.3 mi (74.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mount Airy
Cultural venues in the city include The Andy Griffith Museum, Mount Airy Visitors Center and Mount Airy Museum of Regional History. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Mayberry Mall is a favourite for retail therapy. Top activities include taking a tour and wine tasting, while Cross Creek Country Club, Round Peak Vineyard and Jolo Winery and Vineyards are favourite sights to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 24 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Mount Airy. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Airy - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn and Suites Dobson - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Mount Airy - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Mount Airy
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 18°C during the day and -5°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 30°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 24°C and night-time averages of -5°C
- Mount Airy gets about 1189 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 30°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging -4°C