Visiting the area
Visitors are sure to enjoy all the area has to offer. This welcoming city also attracts visitors with its restaurants, bars, and shopping.
- There are 8 hotels in the city
- April is the most expensive month to travel here, while December tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Longyearbyen (LYR-Svalbard), 82.4 mi (132.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around the area
- Well-known for its museums, the Svalbard Museum is a popular attraction
- Places like Olav V Land and Kongsvegen Glacier exemplify the area's natural beauty
Staying in the area
With 8 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from, the city offers holiday retreats at affordable prices. There are 7 hotels ranging from GBP 83 to GBP 186 per night. You might like one of these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay:
- Scandic Partner Spitsbergen Hotel, averaging GBP 217.65/night
- Mary-Ann's Polarrigg, averaging GBP 150.47/night
Scandic Partner Spitsbergen Hotel, a 3.5-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.9 out of 5 user rating. Also Mary-Ann's Polarrigg has a 4.4 rating by guests.