Visitors to Longyearbyen are sure to enjoy the local tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's glaciers and safari tours.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodation options in Longyearbyen
- The closest major airport is in Longyearbyen (LYR-Svalbard), 2.9 mi (4.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Longyearbyen
The city's cultural venues include Svalbard Museum and Spitsbergen Airship Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Svalbard Church and Svalbard Kirke.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Longyearbyen. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Funken Lodge - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Svalbard Hotell | The Vault - Our customers like the overall value and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Svalbard Hotell | Polfareren - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room spring bath. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Longyearbyen
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around -11°C and the night-time average to be -18°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 8°C during the day and -17°C at night
- July to September averages 10°C during the day and -4°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is -1°C during the day and -18°C at night
- About 296.40 millimetres of rain falls on Longyearbyen each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 7°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of -18°C