Search Hotels in Longyearbyen
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors to Longyearbyen are sure to enjoy the local tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's glaciers and safari tours.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodation options in Longyearbyen
- The closest major airport is in Longyearbyen (LYR-Svalbard), 2.9 mi (4.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Longyearbyen
The city's cultural venues include Svalbard Museum and Spitsbergen Airship Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Svalbard Church and Svalbard Kirke.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Longyearbyen. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Funken Lodge - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Svalbard Hotell | The Vault - Our customers like the overall value and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Svalbard Hotell | Polfareren - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room spring bath. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Longyearbyen
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around -11°C and the night-time average to be -18°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 8°C during the day and -17°C at night
- July to September averages 10°C during the day and -4°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is -1°C during the day and -18°C at night
- About 296.40 millimetres of rain falls on Longyearbyen each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 7°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of -18°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Longyearbyen?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Longyearbyen, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Longyearbyen?
What's the best place to stay when travelling with children to Longyearbyen?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Longyearbyen?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Longyearbyen?
Longyearbyen Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Longyearbyen by Star Rating
- Hotels near Longyearbyen Airports
- Accommodation near Longyearbyen Attractions
- More accommodation types in Longyearbyen
- Choose Your Longyearbyen Hotel Style
- Search Longyearbyen Hotel Brands
- Hotels Near Longyearbyen, Svalbard
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends