Families will find kid-friendly activities in Summerland, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its wineries and gardens. Around the area, top sights include Apex Alpine Resort, Peach and Skaha Lake.
- There are 37 hotels and other accommodation options in Summerland
- The closest major airport is in Penticton, BC (YYF-Penticton Regional), 10.2 mi (16.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Kelowna, BC (YLW-Kelowna Intl.), 27.6 mi (44.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Summerland
Notable city landmarks like Gartrell Barn and Trout Creek Canyon Trestle might be worth a visit. The lakes, gardens and mountains highlight the city's natural beauty, and Okanagan Lake, Columbia Mountains and Cascade Range are worth a visit. Wine tasting is one of the top activities, while Dirty Laundry Vineyard, Sumac Ridge Estate Winery and Thornhaven Estate Winery are favourite sights to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 37 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Summerland. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Summerland Waterfront Resort & Spa - With a stay at this 3.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- Wildhorse Mountain Guest Ranch - Our customers love the beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Rosedale Motel - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Apex Alpine Resort, located 17.7 mi (28.5 km) from the city centre, and Peach, which is 7.7 mi/12.5 km away.
Dressing for Summerland
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and -5°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 26°C, whilst the average at night is 1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 28°C with night-time averages of 4°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 18°C and night-time averages of -6°C
- Average annual rainfall for Summerland is 901.50 millimetres
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 27°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging -5°C