Visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting in Penticton, which is also known for its wineries and festivals. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its mountain views. Top sights in the city include Apex Alpine Resort, Peach and Skaha Lake.
- There are 207 hotels and other accommodation options in Penticton
- The closest major airport is in Penticton, BC (YYF-Penticton Regional), 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Kelowna, BC (YLW-Kelowna Intl.), 32.6 mi (52.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Penticton
Well known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Penticton Art Gallery, Penticton Museum and Archives and S.S. Sicamous Inland Marine Museum. Attractions like LocoLanding Adventure Park and Okanagan Amusements are fun for everyone, not just kids. Notable city landmarks like Peach and Munson's Mountain might be worth a visit.
In Naramata Bench, you'll find 207 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Above the Beach Bed and Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- OK Whistle Stop Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this B&B. This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- E'Laysa Guesthouse and Vineyard Retreat - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Penticton include Apex Alpine Resort and Skaha Lake.
Dressing for Penticton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 13°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -4°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 18°C as the daytime average and -6°C as the night-time average
- About 31 millimetres of rain falls on Penticton each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 27°C, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -4°C