Families will find kid-friendly activities in Stockton, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants and fun sporting events. Scenic and urban, this city will delight tourists with its theatres, entertainment and live music.
- There are 98 hotels and other accommodation options in Stockton
- The closest major airport is in Stockton, CA (SCK-Stockton Municipal), 5 mi (8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Modesto, CA (MOD-Modesto City - County), 28.7 mi (46.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Stockton
The city is well known for its theatres and live music, and cultural venues include Bob Hope Theater, Stockton Memorial Civic Auditorium and Children's Museum of Stockton. The city's natural beauty is on display at Lodi Lake Park, Kofu Park and Isenberg Crane Reserve. Shopping is one of the favourite things to do, so consider an excursion to Tracy Outlets, West Valley Mall and Promenade Shops at Orchard Valley.
In Lodi, you'll find 98 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Bordeaux Inn Lodi - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Wine & Roses Hotel Restaurant Spa - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a winery and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lodi - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Getting around Stockton
If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Stockton-Robert J. Cabral Station, Stockton-San Joaquin Street Station or Stockton ACE Station. Stockton might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Stockton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 21°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 3°C
- From April to June, the average is 33°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 35°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 30°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- Stockton gets about 440.90 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 34°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 3°C