Search Hotels in Stavanger
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 30 Jul 2018
Reviewed on 15 Dec 2017
Travellers to Stavanger give high marks for the bustling port. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafes and sightseeing tours. Top sights in the city include Kvadrat Shopping Center, Kongeparken and Stavanger Museum.
- There are 94 hotels and other accommodation options in Stavanger
- The closest major airport is in Stavanger (SVG-Sola), 11.4 mi (18.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Haugesund (HAU-Karmoy), 40.9 mi (65.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Stavanger
Cultural venues in the city include Stavanger Museum, Museum of Archaeology and Norwegian Petroleum Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Stavanger Cathedral, Old Stavanger and Øvre Holmegate. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and these places to visit: Sola Beach, Flor and Fjaere and Holmavika.
In Forsand, you'll find 94 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Clarion Hotel Air - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Ydalir Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and a bar.
- Thon Hotel Stavanger - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and a fitness centre. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
Other top sights in Stavanger include Kvadrat Shopping Center and Kongeparken. A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Preikestolen, located 11 mi (17.8 km) from the city centre.
Getting around Stavanger
With so many choices for transport, exploring all of Stavanger is a breeze. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Stavanger Gausel Station, Stavanger Mariero Station or Sandnes Sentrum Station. Cross the water in a ferry from the local port.
Dressing for Stavanger
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 7°C during the day and -1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 17°C, whilst the average at night is 1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 18°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 13°C and night-time averages of 1°C
- About 889.40 millimetres of rain falls on Stavanger each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 17°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging -1°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Stavanger?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Stavanger, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Stavanger?
What's the best hotel for a family trip to Stavanger?
What's the best hotel for a couple going to Stavanger?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Stavanger?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Stavanger?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Stavanger?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Stavanger?
Where's the best place to stay for a ski holiday in Stavanger?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Stavanger?
Stavanger Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Stavanger by Star Rating
- Hotels near Stavanger Airports
- Areas of Stavanger
- Accommodation near Stavanger Attractions
- More accommodation types in Stavanger
- Choose Your Stavanger Hotel Style
- Search Stavanger Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Stavanger
- Hotels Near Stavanger, Rogaland
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends