Visitors to Sheringham are sure to enjoy the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks, museums and theatres. Around the area, top sights include Sheringham Beach, Cromer Beach and Cromer Pier.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodation options in Sheringham
- The closest major airport is in Norwich (NWI-Norwich Intl.), 18.6 mi (30 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Sheringham
The city's cultural venues include Sheringham Little Theatre and Fishermen's Heritage Centre. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and such places to visit as Sheringham Beach and Sheringham Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Splash Leisure and Fitness Centre and Priory Maze & Gardens.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Sheringham. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hooray Henrys Sheringham - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Holway House - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- Burlington Berties - Amenities at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast include free parking and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Cromer Beach, located 4.3 mi (7 km) from the city centre, and Cromer Pier, which is 4.4 mi/7 km away.
Getting around Sheringham
If you want to venture outside the area, hop on a train at Sheringham Station. Sheringham may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Sheringham
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 24°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 17°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Sheringham is 22 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 22°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 3°C