Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Isla, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants, shopping, and bars. This welcoming, seaside city also attracts visitors with its museums, beaches, and island views.
- Though not directly in Isla, you'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- Closest major airport is in Luqa (MLA-Malta Intl.), 2.9 mi (4.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Isla
- Taking a ferry is one of the top activities, while Valletta Ferry Terminal, Sliema Ferry, and Portomaso Marina are favourite sights to visit
- Known for its museums, while Fort St. Elmo, Malta Maritime Museum, and Inquisitor's Palace are some local cultural sights
- Notable for its historic sites and landmarks to visit including Hagar Qim, Mnajdra Megalithic Temples, and St. Paul's Cathedral
- The seaside, beach, and island views highlight the natural beauty, and places to visit include Blue Grotto, Golden Sands Beach, and Mellieha Bay
- Shopping is a highlight of the area, so enjoy some retail therapy at Monti Shopping Centre, Point Shopping Mall, and Bisazza Street
Isla is adjacent to Valletta. Popular sights in the area include Mediterranean Conference Centre and Catacombs of St. Paul and St. Agatha's Crypt.
Getting around Isla
Isla has many options for getting around. You can cross the water in a ferry from the local port.
Dressing for Isla
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 10°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, while the average at night is 12°C
- July through September has daytime averages of 29°C with nighttime averages of 20°C
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 26°C and nighttime averages of 11°C
- Average annual rainfall for Isla is 515 millimetres