Visitors can enjoy all that Sarnen has to offer including its mountain views. Top sights around the area include Mount Pilatus, Chapel Bridge and Lucerne Town Hall.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodation options in Sarnen
- The closest major airport is in Bern (BRN-Belp), 32 mi (51.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Zurich (ZRH), 42.4 mi (68.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sarnen
Mount Pilatus, Chapel Bridge and Lucerne Town Hall are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find Loewenplatz and Swiss Transportation Museum.
Below is a top accommodation option based on our user reviews:
- Seehotel Wilerbad - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants and free breakfast. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
Popular places to see in the area include Engelberg-Titlis Ski Resort, located 11.8 mi (18.9 km) from the heart of the city, and KKL Lucerne, which is 12.3 mi/19.8 km away.
Getting around Sarnen
If you want to venture outside the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Sarnen Station. Sarnen might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Sarnen
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -5°C
- From April to June, the average is 22°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 15°C as the daytime average and -4°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Sarnen is 781.20 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -3°C