Visiting Santo Domingo
Visitors are sure to enjoy the restaurants, shopping, and cafés in Santo Domingo. This welcoming city also attracts visitors with its live music, museums, and dancing. Top attractions include Quisqueya Stadium and Centro Olimpico.
- There are 104 Santo Domingo hotels
- June is the most expensive month to travel here, while September tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Santo Domingo (SDQ-Las Americas Intl.), 17.7 mi (28.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Santo Domingo
- Live music and museums are well-known in the area, and attractions include Bellapart Museum, National Theater, and National Museum
- Notable for its historic sites and landmarks to visit including Cathedral of Santo Domingo, Alcazar de Colon, and Convento de los Dominicos
- The natural beauty of the beach is picturesque, and places worth a visit are Parque Colon and Guibia Beach
- Shopping is a highlight of the area, so enjoy some retail therapy at Blue Mall, Acropolis Center, and Mercado Modelo
- Everyone—not just sports fans—will find lots of reasons to cheer at a game or event at Quisqueya Stadium, Centro Olimpico, or Palacio de los Deportes Virgilio Travieso Soto
Santo Domingo is adjacent to La Julia. Popular sights in the area include National Palace and Columbus Lighthouse.
Getting around Santo Domingo
There are many transportation options in Santo Domingo. Take advantage of metro transit at Pedro Mir Station, Ulises F. Espaillat Station, or Freddy Beras Goico Station.
Staying in Santo Domingo
In Santo Domingo, you'll find 104 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from, making it easy to plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable price:
- 66 hotels, ranging from GBP 20/night to GBP 217/night
- 14 aparthotels, ranging from GBP 19/night to GBP 69/night
- 8 apartments, ranging from GBP 24/night to GBP 31/night
- 5 hostals, ranging from GBP 20/night to GBP 31/night
Consider one of these top-rated, larger hotels for your family trip or any other travel plans:
- JW Marriott Hotel Santo Domingo, averaging GBP 271.15/night
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Santo Domingo, averaging GBP 159/night
You might like one of these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay:
- Casas del XVI, averaging GBP 237.3/night
- Hotel Villa Colonial, averaging GBP 95/night
Casas del XVI, a 3.5-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 5 out of 5 user rating. Also highly rated by guests are JW Marriott Hotel Santo Domingo and Embassy Suites by Hilton Santo Domingo.
Dressing for Santo Domingo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 29°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 19°C
- From April to June, the average is 31°C during the day and 20°C at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 22°C at night
- In October–December, you can expect 31°C as the daytime average and 19°C as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Santo Domingo is 1418 millimetres