Visiting Santa Elena
Guests will appreciate the ruins, restaurants and island in Santa Elena. Visitors can also indulge in all the fine qualities that this welcoming, walkable and lakefront city has to offer, including its cafes, shopping and jazz.
- There are 11 Santa Elena hotels
- January is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas September is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Flores (FRS-Mundo Maya Intl.), 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Santa Elena
- Taking a tour is a top activity, and Biotopo Cerro Cahui is a great place to visit
- Well-known for its jazz scene, whereas Santa Barbara Island Museum is a popular attraction
- Its ruins and historic sites are notable, and landmarks include San Miguel & Tayazal
- The island, jungle and sunrises exemplify the natural beauty, and some places to consider visiting are Central Park and Petencito Zoo
- Shopping is first class in the area, and Mundo Maya International Mall is a favourite spot for retail therapy
Staying in Santa Elena
With 12 hotels and other accommodation options in Santa Elena, you'll find holiday getaways at affordable rates. There are 10 hotels ranging from GBP 28 to GBP 99 per night.
Looking for a romantic getaway or boutique stay? You might like these top-rated, one-of-a-kind properties and small hotels:
- Hotel Del Patio
Hotel Del Patio, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4 out of 5 user rating. Also Ixpanpajul has a 4 rating by guests.
Dressing for Santa Elena
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 24°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 15°C
- From April to June, the average is 25°C during the day and 17°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 20°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 25°C as the daytime average and 17°C as the night-time average
- About 67 millimetres of rain falls on Santa Elena each year