Visitors to Sal are sure to enjoy the beaches and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's zoo and coffee shops. A top sight in the city is Santa Maria Beach.
- There are 227 hotels and other accommodation options in Sal
- The closest major airport is in Sal Island (SID-Amilcar Cabral Intl.), 1.7 mi (2.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Boa Vista Island (BVC-Rabil), 40.2 mi (64.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sal
The city is notable for landmarks like Santa Maria Town Square, Ponta Preta and Nazarene Church. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Santa Maria Beach, Shark Bay Beach and Viveiro Botanical Garden & Zoo. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kite Beach and Santa Maria Pier.
Dressing for Sal
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 25°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 18°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 19°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 22°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 29°C as the daytime average and 20°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Sal is 2 millimetres
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while February and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 18°C