Travellers give high marks for the beaches in Saint-Malo, which is also known for its cafes. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sightseeing tours and casinos. Top sights in the city include St. Vincent Cathedral, St. Malo Citadel and St. Malo Beach.
- There are 382 hotels and other accommodation options in Saint-Malo
- The closest major airport is in Dinard (DNR-Dinard - Pleurtuit - Saint-Malo), 4.7 mi (7.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Rennes (RNS-Saint-Jacques), 42.5 mi (68.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Saint-Malo
The city is notable for landmarks like St. Vincent Cathedral, St. Malo Citadel and Fort National. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: St. Malo Beach, Grand Be and Sillon Beach. Taking a ferry is just one of the top activities, while Saint-Malo Ferry Port and Port of Saint-Malo are sights to visit.
In Saint-Jouan-des-Guerets, there are 382 hotels and other accommodation choices to make it easy to plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- La Haute Flourie - This guesthouse in Le Rosais-La Flourie features free WiFi, free parking and a library.
- Kyriad Prestige Saint-Malo - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in La Guymauvière-La Hulotais-La Bourelais can enjoy access to an indoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- La Maison des Armateurs - This 4-star hotel in Intra Muros features free WiFi, a bar and concierge services. Expedia customers like its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Saint-Malo include Grand Aquarium. A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Mont Saint-Michel Bay, located 16.8 mi (27.1 km) from the heart of the city.
Getting around Saint-Malo
With so many choices for transport, exploring all of Saint-Malo is simple. If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Saint Malo Station. You can take a ferry and cross the water to see more of the region.
Dressing for Saint-Malo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and 3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 21°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 18°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- About 859.80 millimetres of rain falls on Saint-Malo each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 3°C