Visitors to Saariselka are sure to enjoy the skiing. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks, safari tours and theme park.
- There are 34 hotels and other accommodation options in Saariselka
- The closest major airport is in Ivalo (IVL), 12.9 mi (20.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Saariselka
Top activities include hiking and skiing, while Saariselkä Sport Resort and Saariselka Ski Resort are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Angry Birds Activity Park Saariselka and Pyhan Paavalin Chapel.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 34 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Saariselka. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Star Arctic Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Log house Kuukkeli Teerenpesä - Our customers like the breakfast and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Club Saariselka - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Dressing for Saariselka
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 0°C and the night-time average to be -19°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 17°C during the day and -9°C at night
- July to September averages 18°C during the day and 1°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 6°C during the day and -18°C at night
- Saariselka gets about 588.50 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 16°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of -17°C