Visitors to Rye are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's hockey games and archaeological sites. Bronx Zoo, Yankee Stadium and Citi Field are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 73 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of White Plains
- The closest major airport is in White Plains, NY (HPN-Westchester County), 5.9 mi (9.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia), 17.5 mi (28.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rye
Favourite places to visit in the city include Rye Playland, Marshlands Conservancy and Jay Heritage Center. Additionally, in the area you'll find Bronx Zoo and Yankee Stadium.
As you make plans for a getaway to Rye, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 92 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Courtyard by Marriott Rye is located 0.8 mi (1.3 km) from the heart of Rye. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Rye can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and pool.
- Park Lane Hotel is 21.4 mi (34.5 km) from the centre of Rye. This 4-star hotel in New York features a restaurant, free WiFi and a fitness centre. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and central location.
Top places to see around the area include Citi Field, 18 mi/28.9 km from the heart of the city, and Apollo Theater, which is 18.4 mi (29.5 km) away.
Dressing for Rye
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -6°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 19°C as the daytime average and -5°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Rye is 1255 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 27°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -5°C