Visitors to Rye are sure to enjoy the beaches, spas and hot springs. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its golf courses. Around the area, top sights include Rye Beach, Pennisula Hot Springs and Sorrento Front Beach.
- There are 193 hotels and other accommodation options in Rye
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (AVV-Avalon), 30.4 mi (49 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 44.6 mi (71.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rye
The city's beaches and hot springs provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Rye Beach. Additionally, you might want to add The Dunes Golf Links to your agenda.
In Fingal, there are 193 hotels and other accommodation options to make it easy to plan your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Weeroona - This 4.5-star bed & breakfast features a full-service spa, free breakfast and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast.
- Sunny Side Up B&B - Our customers like the beach locale and room size at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Rye Hotel - One Four Nelson - This 3.5-star motel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Top places to visit around the area include Pennisula Hot Springs, located 2.8 mi (4.4 km) from the city centre, and Sorrento Front Beach, which is 4.5 mi/7.2 km away.
Dressing for Rye
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 10°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 17°C with night-time averages of 5°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 23°C and night-time averages of 7°C
- Rye gets about 549.00 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 24°C, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 5°C