Travellers to Rovaniemi give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, cafes and forests. A top sight in the city is SantaPark.
- There are 57 hotels and other accommodation options in Rovaniemi
- The closest major airport is in Rovaniemi (RVN), 4.6 mi (7.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Rovaniemi
Cultural venues in the city include Arktikum, Ethnographic Museum and Rovaniemi Local History Museum. Attractions like SantaPark and Artic Fantasy are fun for everyone, not just kids. Notable city landmarks like Lordi's Square and Lappia House might be worth a visit.
In Ranua, there are 57 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Arctic Light Hotel - This 4.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its convenient parking and quiet location.
- Santa's Hotel Santa Claus - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a casino, 2 restaurants and free breakfast.
- Lapland Hotel Ounasvaara Chalets - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and free breakfast, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting around Rovaniemi
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Rovaniemi Station. Rovaniemi might not have as many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Rovaniemi
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 0°C and the night-time average to be -16°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and -6°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 6°C during the day and -15°C at night
- About 647.50 millimetres of rain falls on Rovaniemi each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 17°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of -14°C