Visitors can enjoy all that Riverton has to offer including the shopping and restaurants. The Summit At Snowbird, Alta Ski Area and Thanksgiving Point are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 787 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Salt Lake City
- The closest major airport is in Salt Lake City, UT (SLC-Salt Lake City Intl.), 18.5 mi (29.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Provo, UT (PVU), 24 mi (38.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Riverton
Notable places to visit in the larger region include The Summit At Snowbird, Alta Ski Area and Thanksgiving Point. In the area, you'll also find Maverik Center and Big Cottonwood Canyon.
As you start planning your visit to Riverton, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 200 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
Dressing for Riverton
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 14°C during the day and -6°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 34°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 22°C and night-time averages of -6°C
- Average annual rainfall for Riverton is 411 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 33°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging -5°C