Visiting Park City
Travellers to Park City give high marks for the ski areas, magnificent mountain views and entertainment choices. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals, live music and theatres. Top sights in the city include Main Street, Park City Mountain Resort and Deer Valley Resort.
- There are 2544 hotels and other accommodation options in Park City
- The closest major airport is in Salt Lake City, UT (SLC-Salt Lake City Intl.), 27.3 mi (43.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Provo, UT (PVU), 31.6 mi (50.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Park City
Known for its festivals, live music and theatres, the city's cultural venues include Egyptian Theatre, Park City Museum and Kimball Art Center. Attractions like Alpine Coaster, Monkey Mountain and Heber Valley Railroad are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Prospector Square, Olympic Welcome Plaza and Hinckley Scout Ranch.
In Heber City, you'll find 2544 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Washington School House - This 4-star hotel in Downtown Park City features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
- Torchlight Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. This 4.5-star bed & breakfast in Downtown Park City features free breakfast, free WiFi and a spa tub.
- Park City Hostel - This 2-star hostel in North Park City features free WiFi, free parking and a rooftop terrace. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and room size.
Other favourite sights in Park City include Main Street, Park City Mountain Resort and Deer Valley Resort. Outside the city, popular places to see include Alta Ski Area, located 8.5 mi (13.7 km) from the city centre, and The Summit At Snowbird, which is 9.5 mi/15.3 km away.
Dressing for Park City
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be -13°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and -5°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 0°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 19°C during the day and -12°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Park City is 1375 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 28°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -12°C