Visitors can enjoy all that Postojna has to offer including the local tours, forests and jazz scene. This city also attracts tourists with its small-town vibe.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodation options in Postojna
- The closest major airport is in Ljubljana (LJU-Joze Pucnik), 33.3 mi (53.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Postojna
A favourite place to visit in the city is Postjona Cave. Additionally, you'll find Predjama Castle and Skocjan Caves in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Postojna. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Jama - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hotel Center - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
Getting around Postojna
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Postojna Station. Postojna may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Postojna
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 16°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 5°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and 6°C as the night-time average
- Postojna gets about 34 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 6°C