Visitors to Portoroz are sure to enjoy the spas and seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks and seafood restaurants. A top sight in the area is Miramare Castle.
- There are 142 hotels and other accommodation options in Portoroz
- The closest major airport is in Trieste (TRS-Friuli Venezia Giulia), 22 mi (35.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Portoroz
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and Portoroz Beach. Additionally, you'll find Miramare Castle in the area.
In Piran, you'll find 142 hotels and other accommodation options to make it easy to plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Kempinski Palace Portoroz - This 5-star hotel features a winery, a full-service spa and 2 restaurants. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Boutique Hotel Portorose - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and beach locale at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast and a restaurant.
- Remisens Hotel Lucija - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Dressing for Portoroz
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 14°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 26°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 15°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Portoroz is 925.50 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 27°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 3°C