Luxury-minded travellers will find upscale places to stay in Izola, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the restaurants, beaches and sailing. This welcoming, seaside city also attracts visitors with its horseback riding, cycling and shopping.
- There are 5 Izola hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas February is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Trieste (TRS-Friuli Venezia Giulia), 22.7 mi (36.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Izola
- Sailing, a port and horseback riding are top activities, whereas sights to visit include Izola Marina, Piran Harbour, and Port of Savudrija
- Notable for its historic sites and landmarks to visit, including Aquarium, Basilica Paleocristiana, and Castello di San Giusto
- The the sea and beaches highlight the natural beauty, and Lighthouse Park, Dragonja River, and Parco Naturale delle Saline di Sicciole are several places worth visiting
Getting around Izola
There are plenty of options for getting around Izola. You can travel down to the port to find out about water transport.
Staying in Izola
For trips with the family or other getaways, you might consider a larger hotel like the highly rated Hotel Belvedere.
Searching for a charming locale or stylish getaway? You may enjoy these highly rated, smaller hotels and specialty properties:
- Hotel Keltika
- San Simon Hotel Resort
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Hotel Keltika with a 4.8 out of 5 user rating, whereas San Simon Hotel Resort and Hotel Belvedere are also highly rated by guests.
Dressing for Izola
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 14°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 26°C, while the average at night is 7°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 28°C with night-time averages of 15°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 21°C and nighttime averages of 4°C
- Average annual rainfall for Izola is 34 millimetres