Visitors will appreciate the restaurants, beaches, and bars in Piran. Welcoming and walkable, this seaside city will also delight visitors with its coffeehouses, monuments, and diving.
- There are 5 Piran hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, while March tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Trieste (TRS-Friuli Venezia Giulia), 20.8 mi (33.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Piran
- Exploring the waterfront, taking an adventure tour, and diving are top activities, while sights to visit include Piran Harbour, Port of Savudrija, and Izola Marina
- Its historic sites and monuments are notable and landmarks to visit include Basilica Paleocristiana, Castello di San Giusto, and Miramare Castle
- The seaside, beach, and countryside provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Portoroz Beach, Lighthouse Park, and Katoro Beach
Piran is adjacent to Portoroz. Top sights in the area include ATP Stella Maris Stadium and ACI Marina Umag.
Getting around Piran
There are many transportation options in Piran. You can travel down to the marina to find out about water transportation.
Staying in Piran
You might like one of these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay:
- Apartments Vila Piranesi, averaging GBP 82.16/night
- Barbara Piran Beach Hotel & Spa, averaging GBP 133.39/night
A 3-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Apartments Vila Piranesi with a 4.6 out of 5 user rating while Barbara Piran Beach Hotel & Spa has a 4.2 rating by guests.
Dressing for Piran
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 14°C and the nighttime average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 26°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July through September averages 28°C during the day and 15°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- About 34 millimetres of rain falls on Piran each year