History buffs will enjoy a visit to Koper, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the churches, a cathedral and castle. Cosy and welcoming, this seaside city also attracts visitors with its restaurants, waterfalls and beaches.
- There are 3 Koper hotels
- February is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas April is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Trieste (TRS-Friuli Venezia Giulia), 22.5 mi (36.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Koper
- A marina is one of the top activities, whereas Izola Marina, Trieste Harbour, and Piran Harbour are favourite sights to visit
- Notable for its churches, historic sites, castle and landmarks such as Cathedral of the Assumption, Church of St Nicholas, and Aquarium
- The the sea, waterfalls and beaches provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Dragonja River, Lighthouse Park, and Bagno Punta Sottile
Getting around Koper
There are plenty of options for getting around Koper. You can explore your options for water transport at the marina.
Staying in Koper
Looking for a romantic getaway or boutique stay? You might love Hotel Bio.
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Hotel Bio with a 3 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Koper
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 14°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 26°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 15°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- About 34 millimetres of rain falls on Koper each year