Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Pontorson, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants, island views, and coffeehouses. Welcoming and walkable, this riverfront city also attracts visitors with its shopping and biking.
- There are 4 Pontorson hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, while June tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Dinard (DNR-Dinard - Pleurtuit - Saint-Malo), 26.9 mi (43.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Pontorson
- Notable for its historic sites and landmarks to visit including Le Moulin de Moidrey, Abbaye du Mont-Saint-Michel, and Garden of the Bishop
- Also, some natural sights include island views, riverfront, and countryside can't be understated
Getting around Pontorson
Pontorson has plenty of options for transportation. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Pontorson-Mont-St-Michel Station.
Staying in Pontorson
Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- Best Western Hotel Montgomery, averaging GBP 103.4/night
- Auberge de la Baie, averaging GBP 78.21/night
A 3-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Best Western Hotel Montgomery with a 3.9 out of 5 user rating while Auberge de la Baie has a 3.9 rating by guests.
Dressing for Pontorson
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and 3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 22°C, while the average at night is 5°C
- July through September has daytime averages of 24°C with nighttime averages of 10°C
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 19°C and nighttime averages of 4°C
- About 926 millimetres of rain falls on Pontorson each year