Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Panarea, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants, beaches, and island views. This welcoming, seaside city also attracts visitors with its volcanoes, mountains, and boating.
- There are 10 Panarea hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, while February tends to be the cheapest
Sightseeing around Panarea
- Exploring the waterfront, boating, and taking an excursion are top activities, while sights to visit include Port of Panarea, Port of Santa Marina, and Porto Pignataro
- Panarea Prehistoric Village and Lipari Castle are noteworthy landmarks
- The beach, island views, and seaside highlight the natural beauty, and places to visit include Punta del Corvo, Zimmari Cove, and Cala Junco
Getting around Panarea
There are plenty of options for getting around Panarea. You can cross the water in a ferry from the local port.
Staying in Panarea
With 10 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from, Panarea offers holiday retreats at affordable prices. There are 7 hotels ranging from GBP 70 to GBP 180 per night. Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- La Piazza, averaging GBP 159.9/night
- Quartara, averaging GBP 225.09/night
A 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers is La Piazza with a 4.4 out of 5 user rating while Quartara has a 4.3 rating by guests.
Dressing for Panarea
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 10°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 12°C at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 21°C at night
- In October–December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 11°C as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Panarea is 26 millimetres