Families will find kid-friendly activities in Palatka, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting, gardens and festivals. Top sights in the area include Castillo de San Marcos, Lightner Museum and Ponce de Leon's Fountain of Youth Archaeological Park.
- You'll find 1234 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of St. Augustine
- The closest major airport is in St. Augustine, FL (UST-Northeast Florida Regional), 28.2 mi (45.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Gainesville, FL (GNV-Gainesville Regional), 34.5 mi (55.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Palatka
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the rivers and such places to visit as Ravine Gardens State Park and Rice Creek Conservation Area. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Palatka Municipal Golf Course and Bronson-Mulholland House.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 11 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Palatka. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Palatka Northwest - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and convenient parking.
- Quality Inn And Suites Riverfront - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Crystal Cove Riverfront Resort - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Popular places to see outside the city include World Golf Village, located 24.8 mi (40 km) from the heart of the city, and Ocala National Forest, which is 30 mi/48.2 km away.
Getting around Palatka
If you want to venture outside the area, hop on a train at Palatka Station. Palatka may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Palatka
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 8°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 33°C, whilst the average at night is 14°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 33°C with night-time averages of 21°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 29°C and night-time averages of 9°C
- Average annual rainfall for Palatka is 1255.30 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 33°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 9°C