Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Starke, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its golf courses. A top sight in the area is Gainesville Raceway.
- You'll find 108 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Gainesville
- The closest major airport is in Gainesville, FL (GNV-Gainesville Regional), 21.8 mi (35.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Jacksonville, FL (JAX-Jacksonville Intl.), 44.2 mi (71.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Starke
Favourite places to visit in the city include Camp Blanding Museum and Memorial Park, Starke Golf and Country Club and Kingsley Lake. Additionally, you might want to add Santa Fe Lake to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Starke. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Starke - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Americas Best Value Inn Starke - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this motel. This 2-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi and free parking.
- Red Carpet Inn - This 2-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Gainesville Raceway, located 17.8 mi (28.6 km) from the city centre.
Dressing for Starke
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 25°C and the night-time average to be 5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 11°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 18°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 29°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Starke is 1327 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 33°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 6°C