Luxury-minded travellers will find upscale places to stay in Otopeni, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, cafes and spas. Around the area, top sights include Village Museum, Arcul de Triumf and Museum of the Romanian Peasant.
- You'll find 564 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Bucharest
- The closest major airport is in Bucharest (OTP-Henri Coanda Intl.), 0.7 mi (1.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Otopeni
A favourite place to visit in the city is Water Park Otopeni. In the area, you'll also find Village Museum and Arcul de Triumf.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 14 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Otopeni. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Vila Toparceanu - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and WiFi.
- Monopoly Hotel - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to the airport at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- AVIATOR BOUTIQUE OTOPENI - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free Internet. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit around the area include Museum of the Romanian Peasant, located 7.3 mi (11.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Romanian Athenaeum, which is 8.3 mi/13.3 km away.
Dressing for Otopeni
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 14°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -7°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 21°C as the daytime average and -5°C as the night-time average
- Otopeni gets about 21 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -5°C