Search Hotels in Oslo City Centre, Oslo
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Visiting Oslo City Centre
Oslo City Centre is a welcoming neighbourhood known for its top museums and popular theatre scene. Here you'll find plenty to visit, including Karl Johan Street, Oslo Opera House and Royal Palace. Oslo City Centre has hotels to suit everyone's tastes, and makes a great base for exploring the sights in and around Oslo.
Staying in Oslo City Centre
You’ll find lots of hotels and other lodging options in Oslo City Centre, and our guests note these as some of their favourite places to stay:
- Hotel Continental: 5-star hotel with 2 restaurants, a fitness centre and 4 bars, steps from Oslo City Hall. Our guests enjoy the hotel's comfortable rooms and walkable location.
- THE THIEF: 5-star hotel with a marina, 2 restaurants and free breakfast, 5-minute walk from Aker Brygge. Expedia travellers like this hotel's comfortable rooms and walkable location.
- Thon Hotel Bristol Oslo: 4-star hotel with 2 restaurants, free breakfast and a fitness centre, steps from Karl Johan Street. Our guests rate this hotel highly for its spacious rooms and central location.
Oslo City Centre might not have lodging options that suit you, but there are other great neighbourhoods in Oslo. Guests like the Vika neighbourhood nearby for its theatre scene. With 7 hotels and other accommodation options, these are some of our travellers' favourites:
- Frogner House Apartments - Huitfeldtsgate 19: 4-star apartment with free WiFi and laundry facilities, steps from Henrik Ibsen Museum. Our guests enjoy the apartment's comfortable beds and helpful staff.
- Thon Hotel Vika Atrium: 3.5-star hotel with free breakfast, a restaurant and a fitness centre, steps from Aker Brygge. Expedia travellers like this hotel's spacious rooms and breakfast.
- Frogner House Apartments - Arbinsgate 3: 3-star apartment with free WiFi and laundry facilities, steps from Royal Palace. Our guests rate this apartment highly for its comfortable rooms and local sightseeing.
Sightseeing Around Oslo
Oslo Cathedral, Akershus Fortress and Franklin D. Roosevelt Statue are some of Oslo City Centre's local landmarks to explore if you want to see some of the sights in the neighbourhood. You could also plan a visit to Karl Johan Street or Oslo Opera House when you're visiting the neighbourhood.
If you want to explore some other parts of town while you’re here, consider a visit to the nearby neighbourhood of Vika to visit Aker Brygge, Nobel Peace Center and Henrik Ibsen Museum. Other places worth visiting include Oslo Concert Hall, Stenersen Museum and Pipervika.
Getting Around Oslo City Centre and the Greater Oslo Area
If you want to see more of the city, Christiania Torv Tram Station is the closest metro stop. Others nearby include Wessels Plass Light Rail Station and Kontraskjaeret Tram Station. To see the sights outside of town, hop on a train. Oslo Central Station is the closest train station, but Oslo Central Station and Nationaltheatret Station are also nearby.