Search Hotels in Oberammergau
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 7 Jun 2019
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 16 Jul 2018
Visitors to Oberammergau are sure to enjoy the mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafes, local tours and its breweries. Around the area, top sights include Ettal Abbey, Linderhof Palace and Garmisch-Partenkirchen Ski Resort.
- There are 31 hotels and other accommodation options in Oberammergau
- The closest major airport is in Innsbruck (INN-Kranebitten), 26.8 mi (43.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Oberammergau
A couple of favourite places to visit are Pilatushaus Artists' Exhibition Center and Oberammergau Museum. In the area, you'll also find Ettal Abbey and Linderhof Palace.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Oberammergau. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Mammhofer Suite & Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Hotel Maximilian - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Wittelsbach Oberammergau - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and central location.
Top places to visit in the area include Garmisch-Partenkirchen Ski Resort, 8.1 mi/13.1 km from the heart of the city, and Zugspitze, which is 12.7 mi (20.5 km) away.
Getting around Oberammergau
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Oberammergau Station. Oberammergau might not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Oberammergau
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and -3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and night-time averages of -1°C
- Oberammergau gets about 711.50 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -2°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Oberammergau?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Oberammergau, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Oberammergau?
What's the best accommodation option for a family trip to Oberammergau?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic getaway to Oberammergau?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Oberammergau?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Oberammergau?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Oberammergau?
What's the best boutique hotel in Oberammergau?
What's the best accommodation option for a ski holiday in Oberammergau?
Oberammergau Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Oberammergau by Star Rating
- Hotels near Oberammergau Airports
- Accommodation near Oberammergau Attractions
- More accommodation types in Oberammergau
- Choose Your Oberammergau Hotel Style
- Search Oberammergau Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Oberammergau
- Hotels Near Oberammergau, Bavaria
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends