Visitors can enjoy all that Nur-Sultan has to offer including the cafes, monuments and aquarium. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art and theatres.
- There are 145 hotels and other accommodation options in Nur-Sultan
- The closest major airport is in Astana (TSE-Astana Intl.), 8.1 mi (13.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Nur-Sultan
The city's cultural venues include Kazakhstan Central Concert Hall and Schoolchildren's Palace. The city is notable for landmarks like Bayterek Tower, Palace of Peace and Reconciliation and Singing Fountain. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Khan Shatyr and Kazakhstan Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
In Yesil District, you can choose from 145 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily plan your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Astana Marriott Hotel - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free Internet. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and pool.
- Hilton Astana - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 4.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant and an indoor pool.
- Brown Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Getting around Nur-Sultan
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Astana Railway Station. Nur-Sultan may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Nur-Sultan
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 3°C during the day and -20°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 27°C, whilst the average at night is -6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 27°C with night-time averages of 4°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 13°C and night-time averages of -16°C
- About 229.10 millimetres of rain falls on Nur-Sultan each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 26°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging -18°C