Search Hotels in Northern Virginia, VA
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 15 Jan 2021
Reviewed on 1 Jan 2021
Visiting Northern Virginia
History buffs will enjoy exploring Northern Virginia, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, live music scene and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its restaurants, theatres and cafes. Top sights in the city include Manassas National Battlefield Park, National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center and Reston Town Center.
- There are 550 hotels and other accommodation options in Northern Virginia
- The closest major airport is in Manassas, VA (MNZ-Manassas Regional), 12.2 mi (19.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Washington, DC (IAD-Washington Dulles Intl.), 18.3 mi (29.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Northern Virginia
Known for its museums, live music and theatres, the city's cultural venues include National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts and Fredericksburg Area Museum and Cultural Center. Families come for attractions such as Splash Down Water Park, Ashburn Ice House and Dinosaur Land. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like George Washington's Mount Vernon, Sully Historic Site, and Ratcliffe-Allison House and Pozer Garden.
In Ashburn, you'll find 550 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Red Fox Inn & Tavern - With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and breakfast.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Dulles Airport At Dulles 28 Centre - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Suites at 249 - This 2-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and a 24-hour fitness centre. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and room size.
Other favourite sights in Northern Virginia include Manassas National Battlefield Park, Reston Town Center and Marine Corps Base Quantico.
Getting around Northern Virginia
With so many transport options, exploring Northern Virginia is simple. Walk to nearby metro stations such as Wiehle-Reston East Metro Station, Vienna Station and Dunn Loring Merrifield Station. If you want to journey outside the area, ride aboard a train from Manassas Station, Burke Centre Station or Culpeper Station.
Dressing for Northern Virginia
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°C and the night-time average to be -5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and -4°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Northern Virginia is 988.30 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of -5°C
More trip options
- Hotels in Northern Virginia by Star Rating
- Hotels near Northern Virginia Airports
- Areas of Northern Virginia
- Accommodation near Northern Virginia Attractions
- More accommodation types in Northern Virginia
- Choose Your Northern Virginia Hotel Style
- Search Northern Virginia Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Northern Virginia
- Hotels Near Northern Virginia, Virginia
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends