Search Hotels in Northern Sweden
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 11 Feb 2020
Visiting Northern Sweden
Visitors to Northern Sweden are sure to enjoy the skiing and northern lights. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its safari tours. Top sights in the city include Casino Cosmopol Sundsvall, Abisko National Park and Are Bjornen Children's Ski Area.
- There are 355 hotels and other accommodation options in Northern Sweden
- The closest major airport is in Storuman (SQO), 22.6 mi (36.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Arvidsjaur (AJR), 40.7 mi (65.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Northern Sweden
Cultural venues in the city include Northern Sustainable Futures, Ajtte Museum and Holgers Tractor Museum. Attractions like Umelagun Water Park, Paradisbadet Water Park and Himlabadet Water Park are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Aurora Sky Station, Boden Fortress and Lulea Cathedral.
In Kiruna, there are 355 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning easier for your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Sara's Bed and Breakfast - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Buustamons Fjällgård - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features ski slopes, free breakfast and a restaurant.
- Tree Hotel - With a stay at this 5-star tree house, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and walkable location.
Other favourite sights in Northern Sweden include Casino Cosmopol Sundsvall, Abisko National Park and Are Bjornen Children's Ski Area.
Getting around Northern Sweden
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Sorsele Station, Storuman Station or Arvidsjaur Station. Northern Sweden might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
More trip options
- Hotels in Northern Sweden by Star Rating
- Hotels near Northern Sweden Airports
- Areas of Northern Sweden
- Accommodation near Northern Sweden Attractions
- More accommodation types in Northern Sweden
- Choose Your Northern Sweden Hotel Style
- Search Northern Sweden Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Northern Sweden
- Hotels Near Northern Sweden, Sweden
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends