Visiting North Pole
Visitors can enjoy all that North Pole has to offer including the northern lights, shopping and museums. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals. A top sight in the area is Fort Wainwright.
- You'll find 104 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Fairbanks
- The closest major airport is in Fairbanks, AK (FAI-Fairbanks Intl.), 17.2 mi (27.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in North Pole
A favourite place to visit in the city is Santa Claus House. Additionally, you'll find Fort Wainwright in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in North Pole. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Alaska log cabins on the pond B & B - This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Moose Tracks B & B - Our customers like the breakfast and location at this B&B. With a stay at this 2-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for North Pole
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 2°C during the day and -26°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 24°C, whilst the average at night is -13°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 24°C with night-time averages of -2°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 7°C and night-time averages of -25°C
- North Pole gets about 292 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 22°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging -25°C