Visiting North Lake Tahoe
Travellers to North Lake Tahoe give high marks for the ski areas, lakeside setting and magnificent mountain views. This city also attracts tourists with its small-town vibe. Top sights in the city include Northstar California Resort and Lake Tahoe-Nevada State Park.
- You'll find 3665 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Lake Tahoe
- The closest major airport is in Truckee, CA (TKF-Truckee Tahoe), 7.1 mi (11.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Lake Tahoe, CA (TVL), 23.4 mi (37.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in North Lake Tahoe
Cultural venues in the city include Mark Twain Cultural Center & Toccata-Guttman Music Hall, UC Davis Tahoe Environmental Research Center and Watson Cabin Museum. Notable city landmarks like St. Nicholas Episcopal Church and East Shore Trail might be worth a visit. The lakes, hiking trails and mountains highlight the city's natural beauty, and Lake Tahoe-Nevada State Park, Kings Beach State Recreation Area and Brockway Summit are worth a visit.
In Dollar Point, you can choose from 1534 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe - This 5-star resort features a full-service spa, ski slopes and 3 restaurants. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and bar.
- Mourelatos Lakeshore Resort - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Resort at Squaw Creek - Destination Hotels & Resorts - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Other top sights in North Lake Tahoe include Northstar California Resort. Outside the city, popular places to visit include Donner Lake, 11.2 mi/18.1 km from the heart of the city, and Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe, which is 13.7 mi/22 km away.
Dressing for North Lake Tahoe
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 8°C and the night-time average to be -7°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 23°C during the day and -4°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 18°C during the day and -7°C at night
- About 865.00 millimetres of rain falls on North Lake Tahoe each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -7°C