Search Hotels in Truckee
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 1 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 26 Oct 2020
Travellers to Truckee give high marks for the ski areas, lakeside setting and top-notch restaurants. This cosy city also attracts tourists with its mountain views and golf courses. Top sights in the city include Donner Lake, Northstar California Resort and Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Area.
- You'll find 3620 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Lake Tahoe
- The closest major airport is in Truckee, CA (TKF-Truckee Tahoe), 2.2 mi (3.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Reno, NV (RNO-Reno-Tahoe Intl.), 25.1 mi (40.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Truckee
Cultural venues in the city include Old Jail Museum, KidZone Museum and Emigrant Trail Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Commercial Row, Rocking Stone Tower and Sierra Mountain Cemetery. The lakes, mountains and hiking trails exemplify the city's natural beauty, and places to visit include Donner Lake and Donner Memorial State Park.
Other top sights in Truckee include Northstar California Resort and Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Area. Popular places to visit around the area include Sugar Bowl, located 8.1 mi (13 km) from the heart of the city, and Boreal Mountain Resort, which is 8.9 mi/14.3 km away.
Getting around Truckee
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Truckee Station. Truckee might not have as many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Truckee
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -10°C
- From April to June, the average is 26°C during the day and -5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and -1°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 21°C as the daytime average and -10°C as the night-time average
- About 780 millimetres of rain falls on Truckee each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -9°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Truckee?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Truckee, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Truckee?
What's the best hotel for a family trip to Truckee?
What's the best accommodation for a couple going to Truckee?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Truckee?
What's the best accommodation option to stay near the beach in Truckee?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Truckee?
What's the best boutique hotel in Truckee?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Truckee?
What's the best hotel for a trip to the slopes in Truckee?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Truckee?
Truckee Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Truckee by Star Rating
- Hotels near Truckee Airports
- Areas of Truckee
- Accommodation near Truckee Attractions
- More accommodation types in Truckee
- Choose Your Truckee Hotel Style
- Search Truckee Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Truckee
- Hotels Near Truckee, Lake Tahoe
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends