Visiting North East
Visitors to North East are sure to enjoy the university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's rivers, shopping and waterfalls. Top sights around the area include Ripken Stadium and Christiana Mall.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodation options in North East
- The closest major airport is in Baltimore, MD (MTN-Martin State), 31.7 mi (51 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Baltimore, MD (BWI-Baltimore Washington Intl. Thurgood Marshall), 48.5 mi (78 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in North East
The city's cultural venues include Upper Bay Museum and Milburn Stone Theater. Additionally, you might want to add Elk Neck State Park to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in North East. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western North East Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Holiday Inn Express North East - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Comfort Inn and Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Top places to visit outside the city include Ripken Stadium, located 13.9 mi (22.4 km) from the city centre, and Christiana Mall, which is 16.2 mi/26 km away.
Dressing for North East
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 14°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -4°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and -4°C as the night-time average
- North East gets about 1094.30 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -3°C